Why Choose A Hearthstone?
Q U A L I T Y
- Operating our own sawmill allows for tremendous flexibility with timber sizes and lengths and exceptional quality control. Long lengths up to 42 feet and/or diameters up to 30 inches available. Many different species available – ask your Hearthstone representative for details.
- Purchasing and managing timber boundaries controls raw material cost and inventory.
- All timbers are stress graded and grade stamped in accordance with Timber Products Inspection, Inc. heavy timber grading standards which ensures our clients of the best quality material available.
- Lifetime structural warranty.
D E S I G N
- Over 100 standard log plans and 50 timberframe plans developed and available. All standard plans can be modified to your specifications as to size, layout, design, windows, doors, ceiling heights, etc.
- Standard blueprint services include cross sections, floor plans, foundation plans, four elevations, and additional details for most permit and construction requirements. Your choice of slab, crawl space, or basement foundation.
- CAD (computer-aided-design) software offers the latest in 3D modeling, allowing complex designs to be viewed in three dimensions prior to manufacturing. This eliminates hard-to-find design problems and speeds construction.
- Windows 95™ Hearthstone Estimating System (HEW) provides clear, concise specifications and detailed proposals for your convenience. This eliminates the guesswork about quantities, quality, and degree of preparation.
E X P E R I E N C E
- Experienced East Tennessee workforce is talented and dedicated with over 500 years of combined experience in the log home/timberframe home business.
- In business since 1971 building homes for over 3000 customers nationwide.
- Architectural design staff with over 65 years of experience designing and engineering log and timberframe homes.
- Company owned trucks and employee drivers with over 70 years combined experience delivering materials to the most remote of job sites.
- Experienced Customer Service and Direct Sales personnel to answer your questions and respond to your needs.
- Sales professionally serviced by experienced staff and extensive network of Distributors and Dealers nationwide.
- Toll free numbers 24 hours a day for a prompt reply to your sales/service needs.
- Internet website, e-mail, and voice mail used to update and communicate with customers and Independent Representatives.
- Dandridge factory tours encouraged with customers, architects and builders to define options and review products and services.
- Money back guarantee since 1987 unmatched by anyone in the world.
C O N S T R U C T I O N
- Construction manual(s) to assist the builder with the finish details of construction.
- Nationwide erection service provided by certified Hearthstone erection crews. Cost of crew travel, crane and accommodations included in detailed Proposal (no “hidden” costs or open-ended construction agreements).
- Access to additional construction services such as chinking, staining, etc…….. available in most areas of the country.
- Experienced Technicians available worldwide to travel and work alongside your own builder or crew during any phase of construction, particularly beneficial should you wish to erect your own home or structure. These Technical Assistants are also available to you or your contractor for dry-in assistance and also can provide you with a wealth of information, tips, and procedures for finishing the home.
- Each load is securely banded, strapped and/or tarped for protection during shipment.
- Confirmation schedule adjusts for change orders and provides customers with exact costs and specifications prior to scheduling a firm delivery date.
- Experienced export service available using overseas shipping specialist and containerized packaging.
- Delivery of commonly available construction materials managed from locally available sources to avoid unnecessary loads of freight from East Tennessee.
- Off-loading of materials at job site included with erection service.
- All structural fasteners specified and included with package for structural erection service. Specialty fasteners supplied for insulated cathedral ceilings.
- Logs rest on foundation walls in many instances. This provides a more aesthetically pleasing transition from foundation to log wall and reduces cost associated with covering up the sub-floor and accessing electrical wiring.
- Higher second floor systems such as the 8′-10″ ceiling found in the Traditional and the TimberWright log home systems. Custom floor heights available for all systems.
- Precut rough openings per plan as approved by client.
- Pre-drilled wiring holes and easy electrical access in all log system(s) will reduce finishing labor cost and allow for changes after system is erected.
- Shrinkage and settling engineered into every log system including:
- Window, door, and fireplace openings designed with adjustable sliding jamb system to allow proper settling without affecting windows and doors.
- Interior and exterior posts designed with adjustable jacks to allow for settlement of walls. Screw jacks also provided for intermediate posts that are designed to be built right into the interior stud walls with no need for removal as construction progresses.
- Through-bolts, nuts, washers, and compression springs used in log construction to tighten walls during erection, to accelerate settling, and dramatically increase wall rigidity. Through-bolts are 5/8″ diameter and are plated.
- Rigid spline material and load bearing blocks designed to keep system air tight as log walls shrink and settle.
- Porch material available precut with birds-mouth rafters and mortise and tenon joinery.
- Gable dormer valley and jack rafters available precut with precision.
- Hip roof and valley rafters designed and precut with precision.
- Shed dormer walls pre-built by Hearthstone and shipped to site with log package. (with complete package purchase.)
- Second floor heavy timber log stair system available precut.
- Precut fireplace mantels and brackets provided with all log homes.
- Chink space cavity is insulated up to R-30 for increased efficiency.
- Chink space construction allows for future access to electrical wiring and ease of replacement/repair if necessary many years down the road.
- Standard built-up roof system provides R-30 insulation for increased efficiency and lower utility bills. This is an “aged” R-value, not an “as built” R-value normally associated with fiberglass insulation.
- Premium grade “V-edged” 2×6 spruce tongue and groove provided for second floor systems, main roof decking and porch roofs. The beauty, color, tightness of knots and ease of installation all complement the heavy timber construction.
- Specialty and common materials designed to complement each log or timberframe building system.
- Minimum waste decking layout details are provided for (A) roof system (B) second floor system (C) Porch roof system. Provided as a plan overlay for ease of use.
C E R T I F I C A T I O N
- SBCCI code approved log system engineered for 110 mph (176 km/hr) wind load and seismic zone 3. Higher wind and seismic zone engineering available.
- Timberframe system engineered and manufactured in conformance to the National Design specifications for Wood Construction and Supplement 1991 edition.
- Model Energy Code approved building systems.
- North Carolina Energy Code approved building systems.
- Japanese National Building Code approved building systems.
- Engineering review and engineer’s stamps available in all 50 states.
O P T I O N S
- Multiple timber finishes available including:
- Hand Hewn
- Planed Smooth
- WeatherAged™ (Available in addition to both hand hewn and machine hewn surfaces)
- Planed with chamfered edges (available for girders, beams, ridges, rafters, collars, stairs, bannisters, etc…)
- Multiple squared and dovetailed log wall profiles including:
- 6×12 Traditional System with advanced dovetail design and 4″ chink space. (Also available in 8″ thick logs by special order and longer lead times.)
- 6×12 full compound dovetail with 2 inch chink space. (Also available in 8″ thick logs by special order and longer lead times.)
- 6″ thick and 14″ tall TimberWright Log System introducing old fashioned V-Notch corners and hand-carved chamfered edges. Featuring a 3″ chink space with random effect. (Also available in 8″ thick logs by special order and longer lead times.)
- 6″ thick hand-crafted Bob Timberlake system with large logs ranging from 14-24 inches variable height with naturally contoured edges and a variable chink space of 1″ to 5″. (Also available in 8″ thick logs by special order and longer lead times.)
- 8×16 full compound dovetail with 3 inch chink space.
- Chinking material (Perma-Chink®) easily maintained and available in six (6) colors.
- Lifeline® stain is available in eighteen (18) colors to preserve the beauty and life of the logs.